Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Inner Circle

I have the most absolute bestest of the best friends. I only have like five of them. Well maybe I'm exaggerating, but at the most I have like ten. I associate with others but I only consider them to be acquaintances. When I think of a friend, I think of someone who can overlook your faults. To a certain level, of course, but minimal faults can be overlooked because they truly see what you have inside. I have plenty of faults. Too many actually. So many that I keep asking myself how I ever came across such great people. And more importantly why they choose to stay in my life. Friends are there for you when you're down. Friends are there to support you in your darkest hour. Your friends should never bring up the things that hurt you the most and more importantly, like Vegas, whatever is said or done within the circle should remain in the circle. But my friends, my true friends, the inner circle, they are so terrific in every way. And everyone of them bring something new and different to the table. I know that's why I hang around them. Added on to the fact that I love them dearly I also learn a lot from them everyday. They teach me so much about life and how to deal with it. And I definitely need that right now because life as I know it is so rough. I need positive energy around me at all times or else I'll go crazy. That is why I decided to take a lot of people out of my life. I can only take some people in very very small doses if even that. I don't have any time for someone who is going to make me feel low. I do that enough for myself. The friends that I have now know pretty much everything about me. They also know that I like to talk about myself. Not in a conceited or it's all about me way. It's just that some of the time I have to tell them about stuff so that I can hear it and they can hear it. Then I can interpret what some things mean or the value of others. They will also let me know their thoughts and feelings. And it's always just us. Most of the time. Sometimes there are little tagalongs. But whenever we're together it feels like a hundred people are in the room. We do a lot. We laugh a lot. We have soul to soul time. We have even cried together. I have even cried in front of them and I usually don't let anyone ever see me cry. But that's how great my friends are. I just feel so comfortable with them. They are my friends for life. I hope they know that. There might be other acquaintances and such but they are the only ones I will truly consider to be my friends. To be my family.

No comments: